In Some Ways
In some ways, we end up like our parents
* Ever wondered where you got your looks from?
* Ever thought of what influenced your sense of style?
* Ever figured where all the confidence came from?
* Ever pondered on where the talent came from?
* Ever thought of how all the weight came / did not come?
* Ever wondered where all the courage came from?
* Ever thought of how you formed your daily habits?
* Ever thought about how you acquired your taste for food?
* Ever pondered on how you learnt and explained the basics?
* Ever thought of how you defined your core value system?
* Ever thought who your role models became?
* Ever wondered how you teach the difference between right and wrong?
* Ever thought about how you conduct yourself in your day-to-day private life?
* Ever reflected on how you carry yourself in public?
* Ever wondered how you figured the priorities of your life?
* Ever wondered how you made a tough decision?
* Ever wondered how you judge anything?
* Ever thought where the flexibility and agility came from?
* Ever wondered how your thoughts get refined and filtered?
* Ever wondered about how you communicate – the words you use, the pitch you take, the silences you make, the silences you break..?
* Even thought about your views on learning and education?
* Ever wondered about how you made and kept friends?
* Ever thought about the state of your “social life”?
* Ever pondered about your everyday habits?
* Ever reflected on where the world views came from?
* Ever wondered about the origin of your sympathies and empathies?
* Ever pondered over where and how all those emotions came from – the tears, the smiles, the laughs?
* Ever wondered where you got (or not) all the common sense?
* Ever thought how you formed your likes and dislikes– ranging from music, to books, to colors, to movies, to literature, to fine art?
* Ever wondered where the openness came from?
* Ever pondered on your outlook towards money, personal finance and investing?
* Ever thought where the religious views came from?
* Ever reflected on your adaptability and its evolution?
* Ever thought about where your dreams stemmed from?
* Ever pondered about the origins of your fears?
* Ever wondered how you face the trials and tribulations of life?
* Ever thought about the source of your anxieties?
* Even wondered what makes you cry?
* Ever thought about the depths of your belief system
* Ever reflected on your views on love and relationships?
* Ever thought about the choices you made in life?
* Ever wondered about how you make decisions?
* Ever thought about where your strengths stemmed from?
* Ever thought about the cause of you weaknesses?
* Ever pondered about your attitude to life?
* Ever dwelled into the epicenter of your creativity?
* Ever questioned what (and why) you question?
* Ever answered why (why and how) you answer?
* Ever figured out the roadmap to your destiny?
* Ever thought about what defines you?
* Ever wondered how you turned out this way?
If you take a moment to connect the dots, some of these can be (in)directly linked and attributed to your parents
And here’s the thing |
Whether you like it or not
Whether you accept it or not
About something’s you will eventually end up like your parents….
The cycle and circle of life continues…
This blog is dedicated to my parents. Thank You for everything.
Nischala Murthy Kaushik is mother and philosopher rolled into one (the philosophical streak emerged after she became a mother – essential for balance, she believes). She is an Engineer and Management Graduate (IIMB Alumni) by Education, IT/Innovation/Marketing Professional by Employment, Google/Blog/Twitter/Social Media Lover by Era, Writer by Passion, Dreamer by Compulsion, Student of Life by Choice, Eternal Optimist by Necessity and Chief Happiness Officer of LIFE by Realization. She blogs @ Nischala’s Space, Thoughts and Expressions AND VERVE : The Quintessence of my Life . In addition, she is also as a guest blogger in several sites of global repute; and her blogs have been featured in several Best-Of lists and on the Directory of Top Indian blogs. She tweets @nimu9 and is also listed among the 50 Indian Women to follow on Twitter.