Be Aware Of Your Kids And Their Life
It is easy to forget the many problems our kids face in their day to day life, because the life we are living is fast paced and rushed. Of course, life is so clustered that sometimes we don’t have enough time to take care of ourselves. We have to cook, clean and have to go to work. Take a time out of your life to look at your children and their life, because they need you. Until one day they grow up enough to protect themselves and to fight their own battles. Before that, as parents, we must always be ready to fight for them, no matter what.Spend enough time with your kids and talk to them. Don’t be a reason that they become a victim to someone’s sick, perverse mind.
Some parents think that kids don’t know much. But, kids have the gut instinct most of the times, when they feel they are in danger. Parents must keep a watch over their children, their activities, their reactions to make sure they are healthy, happy and secure.It is always the close one, who bullies. When you read the newspaper, it is always an uncle or a close relative who harasses and molests which is scary and vile.
How can parents be aware of:
1. When your kid says he/she doesn’t want to go out with an uncle don’t force. Be polite and don’t let them go, if they don’t wish to. It may be because he/she fears him or feels unsafe.
2. When you see your kid shy away from your friends, keep a close watch on that friend. It may be because the kid was harassed physically or mentally by that person.
3. When you think your kid is not cheerful like he/she is, sit with him/her and ask what is wrong. You may actually what’s bothering him/her.
4. You must ensure that your kids are safe at school with their friends. Keep a watch over them, so as they don’t become victims of bullying, molestation etc.
5. Talk to your kid daily about his/her life’s activities. Make sure that they believe in you and trust you to share their of their troubles or humiliation if they have faced any.
6. Let them understand that even if something bad happens, that it is not their fault. Let them know they are not to blamed.
Parents have to guard their kid from all kind of monstrosities lurking around in the world. When they are young they cannot judge the between the good and the bad. And eventually would not know how to fight against it.Help your kid to have a secure and sound childhood. Don’t let their childishness and innocence be ripped away by the wolves wearing the sheepskin.
Fathima Says – A writer, a wannabe author. A dreamer who dreams with eyes open. I believe in the magic of words, and so I am a part-time magician. A new mommy to this wonderful boy, who slurps all her time. When he finds his dreams in sleep, I spend time with books, and my blog – The Bookworm’s Harbor.