for burger patty
- ½ cup Chickpeas (Chole) soaked and cooked
- ½ cup kidney beans (Rajma) soaked and cooked
- 250 gms paneer
- 1 medium size potato (boiled)
- 3 tsp fresh ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies very finely chopped (use more if needed)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- **Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp fresh coriander (very finely chopped)
- 4 slices of bread
- small bowl of water to dip the bread slices
- 5-6 tsp rava (semolina) before flying
- oil for deep frying
for making a burger
- burger breads
- mayonnaise & tomato ketchup
- lettuce leaves
- sliced capsicum
- cheese slices
- onion slices
**note:- Chaat masala has salt in it. So it is advised to taste the mixture before you add salt to avoid making the patty too salty.
- In a bowl add the cooked rajma, chole, grated paneer, grated potato, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, lemon juice chaat masala, coriander. Mix it thoroughly.
- Take the bread slices and dip them into the bowlful of water, press the slice between your palms to remove all the excess water.
- Add these slices to the above mixture.
- Roll them into a burger patty.
- Keep the patty aside before frying.
- Spread the rava on a tray, roll these burger patty on it so that the rava is evenly coated on it.
- In a deep bottom vessel heat oil. Deep fry the patty until golden brown. Keep aside on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
- Take the burger bread, spread the mayonnaise & tomato ketchup, arrange onion & capsicum slices.
- Place the burger patty between the bread along with lettuce leaves & cheese slice.
- Close the burger and enjoy!!
Photo credit- Soni Khadilkar
Soni is based in Bahrain, and she blogs at Soni’s Kitchen. She is hooked to cooking since childhood and often helped out her mother in the kitchen. She makes the most of her time baking, blogging, clicking pictures and of course eating different types of cuisines and experimenting in her kitchen. Soni loves to share traditional recipes inspired by her mother, tried and tasted by her family and friends. Soni also conducts basic baking workshops. You can find her on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.